Captured on Film

Posted by | February 04, 2012 | Film, Personal | 12 Comments

captured on film
a brave moment in a forest

captured on film
breakfast by the beach with D one morning

my favourite majestic tree

captured on film
capturing the sunset with D’s camera

harmony lane

a horse i said hello to

captured on film
with D one afternoon after class

captured on film
Jon’s equipment at our shoot

model Jessica (trapped)

captured on film
melissa x vivienne westwood wing shoes (borrowed for our shoot)

cousin in the December wind

shadows

exploring the woods with Mervin

captured on film
Mervin’s feet through the viewfinder

captured on film
Mervin’s rollei and my yashica

clouds before a sunset

on the subway

high tide

captured on film
little pine cone-lookalikes i scattered on the shore

the brightest January sky

Here’s three rows of film shot over 3 months (August, December till early January this year – a hiatus in between because of college) and an unintentional attempt to make Singapore look like a foreign land… which is not bad an attempt right? /chuckles :j

I realised I’ve never posted any film photos on this blog before; so if you guys want to see past sets, you can check them out here! I’ve always loved film (and the shutter sound of my AE-1) and I’ll pick film over digital any day. :)

Cameras: Canon AE-1 Program, Ultra Wide & Slim (Usagi)
Film: Kodak Ultra Max 200 & 400
Flickr: captured on film

Photos edited with my latest curve: royalty by beautifuladieu

12 Comments

• Cheyenne says:

loving all these photos! <3

• ♥ Wenhui says:

I was just about to ask why haven’t you been updating! Hahaha.

• Ruby says:

MUST YOU MAKE THE MRT LOOK SO NICE?!
    & how come idk singapore so pretty hehe anyway so glad to have sneak a little preview from you that day :>

x, ruby
    (Cannot comment using my lj account, your blog last warning)

• Anonymous says:

I like what I see :)

Do post more!

• Fiona Sng says:

Niceeeee! I second Ruby, I like the MRT shot a lot :3 Oh, and the one of your cousin! Which reminds me that I really should bring my rolls out to develop soon. Im too lazy /:

• Wei Chuan says:

Terrific photographs Amanda! You made Singapore look different and wacky. Especially love the first light leak photograph!

• Amanda says:

Cheyenne – thank you! :) xx
    Wenhui – hehe been busy and lazy! :p
    Ruby – hahaha sure thing hon, i love the mrt shot too! (i’m sorry i really don’t know how to help blahhhhh :( )
    Anon – thank you :) x
    Fiona – I love that shot too! :> hehe yes please do i want to see them!!! (i also kept these rolls for as long as 4 months!)
    Wei Chuan – thanks wc! :) yes very interesting photo, was an accident on my part haha!

• Emma says:

Oh Wow, i looove your fotos! ♥

• Gorgeous photo-shots! great wing shoes ! :)

• Jess says:

the vivienne westwood shoes are amazing. these photos are all beautiful xx

• Sofia says:

I am in love with your style – all of your photos look so original and candid! Makes me with I was there <3

• sayirock says:

hello,
    this might come off as a little random but i thought u wld most prob hv explored many of the hidden areas in singapore. ive been trying to figure this place out.. its foresty with abandoned nostalgic swings/wooden ladder steps on ropes hung on trees..ive seen pics of this place on ljs before. was wondering if u’d be able to share whr this particular place is? and perhaps, suggest other places (of similar theme/vast grassland areas/old stuff ect?) been wanting to capture pics of such places. rly looking forward to your reply:’) i really love your pics they are amazing and so inspirational. thanks so much for reading this lengthy comment!